During meditation brain waves alter.
BETA - 13-30 cycles per second - awaking awareness, extroversion, concentration, logical thinking - active conversation. A debater would be in high beta. A person making a speech, or a teacher, or a talk show host would all be in beta when they are engaged in their work.
ALPHA - 7-13 cycles per second - relaxation times, non-arousal, meditation, hypnosis
THETA - 4-7 cycles per second - day dreaming, dreaming, creativity, meditation, paranormal phenomena, out of body experiences, ESP, shamanic journeys.
DELTA - 1.5-4 or less cycles per second - deep dreamless sleep.
The BENEFITS of MEDITATION,shared by Camelia.
1. Meditation and other 'mindfulness' techniques are designed to help people pay more attention to their present emotions, thoughts and sensations.
2. Reduces activity of viruses and emotional distress.
3. Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation.
4. Improved relationships.
5. Helps ignore petty issues.
6. Increased ability to solve complex problems.
7. Develop will power.
8.Discovery of the power and consciousness beyond the ego.
9.Experience an inner sense of “Assurance or Knowingness”.
10.Experience a sense of “Oneness”.
11.Increases the synchronicity in your life.
12.Improve our powers of concentration.
13.Remove the negative thoughts.
14. Give us peace of mind.
15. Relieve the pain associated with certain illnesses.
Camelia says 'I learnt meditation in June 1999'